The Object of History does not collect personal information about visitors to our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us. The Object of History does not release your personal information to parties outside the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media without your consent. Once we obtain your consent, we consider it valid until revoked by you.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you visit our website, we automatically gather and store the following information about your visit so that we can track the use of our Website in order to make improvements. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to contact you personally:
- The IP address from which you access our website
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our Website
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages, files, documents and links that you visit
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked to this Website
If You Send Us Personal Information
The Object of History project's website will only collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, sending emails, completing sign-up forms, or responding to surveys. We may contact you to provide information about Object of History activities, or other Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media programs and opportunities that may interest you. We will never share your name or information with a commercial entity.
When we send you such information by email, you will always have an immediate opportunity to decline further communication. Please use the contact specified in the email so that we can remove you from the list that contains your name. If you are uncertain about whom to contact, you may contact our us at firstname.lastname@example.org.